Halloween and Paranormal Convention & Fundraiser for Charity
The Southeast Halloween Enthusiast Convention (SEHEC — which we pronounce as “SEE-heck”) is for both Halloween and Paranormal fanatics. We are a fun, two-day educational and charitable event benefiting a publicly-funded 501(c)(3) non-profit animal rescue shelter in Central Florida.
ALL of our proceeds help keep the facility hosting its rescued dogs and horses, and protected Florida gopher tortoises. Your attendance helps us work toward our goal.
Southeast Halloween Enthusiast Convention (SEHEC) will take place on Saturday & Sunday, July 11th & 12th 2020 at At the Hilton Conference Center, Gainesville, FL — the convention’s host hotel
Here are some of the activities:
- Halloween Home Haunt and Commercial Haunt “How-To” courses
- Attending makeup seminars by some of the industry’s finest artists
- An opportunity to participate in our Silent Auction fundraiser
- Attending free Panel Discussions on a variety of subjects
- Sign-up Paranormal Psychic Medium readings
- Learn about the paranormal: spirits, ghost hunting (and related tech) and even Demonology
- Learn about Escape Rooms
- Attending educational courses for Haunt Actors and Haunt Managers/Owners
- Shopping for your favorite Halloween and Paranormal goodies
- Checking-out the smoking-hot rides in our hearse show
- Enjoying our Costume Ball with food and drinks while dancing to a live DJ
- Exploring with a Ghost Tour of a TRULY haunted nearby landmark century-old building in beautiful Gainesville
- Joining in an excursion to the nearby WORLD’S LARGEST bat house (yup, watch 500,000 bats come out to feed at sunset!)
- And lots more in store for you!
Friday, July 10th
- Spirits with Spirits Tour at 11 PM.
- World’s Largest Bat House at UF – Seminar 5 PM followed by an excursion at 7:45 PM.
Saturday, July 11th
- Convention Show and Courses: 8 AM to 6 PM
- “Haunted Eye Ball” adult costume party with food buffet and refreshments, 7 PM to 11 PM.
- COST: Admission fee for the Ball ($49) — Fee includes buffet-style food and beverage ticket
- INFO: This year promises to be another great event!! It includes a DJ to keep the dance hits coming, great food to keep your energy up and creative refreshments to quench your thirst. The ball is open to adults only. Please keep in mind that there will be alcohol, scary costumes and some people in just body paint.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
- Costume Contest at 10 PM with trophies awarded
- Featuring a live DJ with lighting show
- Complimentary photo booth from 7 PM to 10 PM
- Spirits with Spirits Tour at 11 PM to 12:30 PM.
Sunday, July 12th
- Convention Show and Courses: 9 AM to 4 PM.
For more information, email SEHEC at [email protected]